Sunday, September 25, 2005

So, I have a happy update to the last post! I've been very frustrated with one of my groups of friends, but I think I'm learning how to not put up with the insults and backstabing gossip. I mostly stay out of it, not take sides, stand up for myself when it comes up, and not spend a whole lot of time with the really bad drama-queens. Also!!! I found a really cool group of people to hang out with! I met the one guy (Jacob) at Joel's house. He invited me to some of his parties and dinner parties. I started to go to those with Joel and some people. Then I found out that a whole bunch of the people I met through Jacob go to the same church that I like to go to, so I started to go with them. Jacob invited me to his dinner party tonght and some other girls had invited me to go to brunch with them. They are really cool people, very hippy, very open minded, talk about more intellectual things and do mroe productive things then a lot of people. I have a lot in common with them (social work, social issues, political ideas, tastes in books, etc). It so nice to have more than a group or two of people to hang out with. I feel like I'm learning what not to do socially from one of my groups of friends, how to act well socially from another group, and how to act better socially and as a person from the other group. It's good to have the separate groups too, if one group starts to get drama or starts to break up, then I can always go to a different group. I think that's one of the mistakes I made when I was in relationships- I would mostly hang out with my boyfriend and my boyfriend's friends. Then I became dependent on them even after the break up. So, I'm happy to say that my plan to find cool new friends is starting to go really well.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home