Monday, July 18, 2005

I was in charge of the restaurant today, which is always awesome. The cute delivery boy (17 years old) and the nice girl (16)was working today. I feel so old now! She told me about how unfair her mom is with punishments. I actually agreed with her mom though! Then she told me about her boyfriend and a different guy she liked. It all sounded really immature and I couldn't relate or I realized how adult my problems really are. She also checked out some guys that I couldn't see as anything but kids (13/14 year olds). Here was our conversation:
Lindsay- It's so unfair my mom grounded me for drinking with a 30 year old.
Me- Oh my god! Did she call the cops on him!?
Lindsay- She treatend to call them.
Me- That's what I would have done. He's creepy.

Lindsay- So my boyfriend said that he doesn't want kids and that's a big problem for me since I want them someday.
Me- Yeah it was a problem for me that my boyfriend didn't want to have kids because I was worried I'd get pregnant and he wouldn't be there for us.
Lindsay- Well, my boyfriend said he would wait until he's 23 to make his decision about kids.
Me- My boyfriend was 23, so he probably won't be having a huge drastic change of mind in the time that I would have been dating him. How old is your boyfriend now?
Lindsay- 13.
Me- wow.

Me- Wow, the prices haven't changed much in the 5 years I've been working here.
Trevor- wow, I wasn't even old enough to legally work then. I was barely old enough to stay home alone.

I told my roommate (27 years old) about the situation of me feeling old and work and gave her examples why and she gave me that look- that I was being nieve about stuff in my own life- like I was thinking about these kids. So, I think this is helping me to find an appropriate dating age range. My previous thought was 17-30 years old. Now, I'm thinking 18-26 is sounding better. Although the upper age limit is hard for me to guess considering everyone is different, age is less important when you get older, and because I don't know what it's like to be those ages. Vince- I'm seriously starting to question dating younger people. Although if you have similar interests/hobbies and your dating appropriately, and they aren't nieve, then it might be ok. But I don't know many younger people who aren't at the same level as someone who's had some time away from the parents house.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home