Wednesday, July 06, 2005

I'm so proud of myself! I have always hated running. I was always the slowest runner since 2nd grade. I haven't voluntarily ran in about 6 years. My mom use to tell me to not play outside because only kids play outside and that I should come inside to watch tv! No more of that though! I kept having really fun dreams about running and I was wondering if it really was that fun when there isn't pressure. I went jogging at night (which is what I use to do for fun and because I still find if emberissing to run) for the first time in years about a week ago. Then today I actually got brave enough to go jogging at 8pm tonight. I went down a path that I'd been looking at for a long time now. It was a pretty path. I found some other cool paths I might take soon too. I jogged/walked for a whole hour! I only did 20 minutes the first time. A couple people even saw me jogging, and I didn't care as much. One old guy even said, "I saw you running a minute ago". Lol, he saw me jogging then walking because I got self-conscious. It was kind of funny.
I'm planing on doing some jogging/walking/yoga/pilates this summer with hopefully some hiking and possibly biking in there too. I want to get into better shape for school time, so I can go on more hikes with the guys and do more of the Outdoor Program trips. That would rock!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home