Tuesday, July 12, 2005

I went downtown with Jefferson and two of his gal-pals last night. They were cool. We went to a coffee shop, then walked around downtown. It was fun and the girls were really nice. Jefferson told them I had been flirting with Mike at the party. They both looked shocked and both said, "Oh my god! Why!?" lol. They were stunned. I've gotten that reaction about other guys I've flirted with, but I didn't think I'd get that reaction from anyone knowing him. I guess he has a huge crush on one of the girls and he use to kind of date the other girl. I don't know how to interpret their shock.
I just finished watching Iron Jawed Angels (movie). It's about some women's sufferagists during the early 1900s. It's an awesome movie! I'm totally inspired to do more feminist work now. It got me thinking about things that need to be done at this time in history, some feminist issues aren't as big of issues anymore (ex: we can vote, rape is illegal, we can work, etc.). There's absolutely more that needs to be done though. I'm doing some brainstorming and trying to figure out how to fix some of the problems from last year and try to see if I can work some stuff out and re-charge before the new year. (I was really burnt out and stressed from last year). This might be a short burst of inspiration, like a couple months ago, but maybe not.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home