Saturday, February 26, 2005

We had the Feminist Club's first booth yesterday. It was a lot of hard work, but it paid off. We had the booth up for 8 hours. We had the whole table covered with informative papers, informative papers to take, pictures, etc. Kaylan and Zefer sat at the booth with me. We only got a few mean comments and only one guy I had to threaten to get him away from the booth. We got 29 new members, making it so we now have 45 members total. Woo hoo. I think the next meeting will be fun. There a lot more work to do now and a lot more pressure to do things well. But that will be good I think. It really helped to have the booth. I was starting to get uninspired with activist work and frustrated with undedicated members. But I feel ready to get more into it again. We have some more hard-core people this semester. They aren't "stereotypically hardcore" but they seem to know what they're doing, which is awesome. I'm really proud of the club. I'm even more excited about Feminist work and social activism. If things go well, I might be on the brink of changing some aspects of my lifestyle and work. My life use to be more like that in high school. I lived and breathed feminism 24 hours a day. I was a walking billboard for my causes. It was intense and exciting. I don't think I'll go as far as I did before, but it would be nice to do more. Maybe I'll find some new and exciting ways to do work or express myself now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home