Saturday, June 03, 2006

Ahhh! (girly sigh). I just got back from my cousin's wedding. We went to the BBQ yesterday. It was at an old monastery. It was peaceful there. There was a vineyard and catholic statues everywhere. The old monastery dorm house was comfy. It was like having a family reunion with new people (which is true- new family members- ahhh- cheesy, I know). I found out that my cousin and his wife is having a baby girl in a couple months. Their little boy is precious (almost 4 years old). There were other unbelievably cute babies there. There were two little boys (maybe 3 years old) who were constantly going around and hugged everyone. It was sweet. Then I got to spend the night in the monastery dorms. It was interesting to see what it would feel like to be a nun, lol. It was a nice room. My door kept opening itself and I think a bunch of semi-strangers saw me sleeping, lol. I guess that's not so weird. My cousin's wedding was beautiful. It was in a gorgeous church. The ceremony was really creative and sweet. The vows they wrote made everyone cry (especially my grandpa, lol). The reception was nice. It was really fancy. We found out my little cousin (7 years old) can break dance! He was dancing with two cute women, then he spun himself on the floor perfectly, lol. It was awesome! My middle older cousin dove for the girder belt. The women backup when the bouquet was thrown, lol. I think that was out of politeness. We each took a piece of it so we'd all have the same chance. lol. I was thinking about that. My cousin that got married is my only slightly older cousin. They're just a little over a year older than me. Three of my cousins are already married. Two of my cousins already have a couple kids. I'm not implying anything, lol. I don't want that yet. I can see myself wanting that sometime after college though. It was so cute to hear the stories of how the married couple met. My cousin said that he knew there was something special about Rachael when he first saw her and she smiled at him. Then he said he knew they were falling in love when they first kissed. Ahhh! Rachael said that she prayed for a man who had unrealistically amazing qualities, but that she has found that man- but with even more qualities then she knew to ask for. Ahhh. They talked about how the were growing as they were single to become the perfect match for each other. It was really romantic. That's an interesting thought. That you might be walking along and meet the person your going to marry. Wow. That's deep. I’ve tried to imagine what my husband might be like. It’s hard to say at this point. I’ve imagined myself more having kids than having a husband, which is funny, but than again my dad was around that much. I’d want to be married before having kids, and I’d like to stay married, not just to have kids I think. I don’t have much example of what married life is like when the husband isn’t gone all the time. Marriage seems pointless without kids and without seeing each other much. “To buffer each other from life’s sorrows, to have someone to share life’s joys with, a friend of all friends to witness each other’s lives with.” That makes sense. I got that from a card. I don’t think many people think that much about what marriage means. Or maybe so many people have different views. We live so much longer but people want to have families in their twenties and thirties. Once the kids grow up, that still a long time together without the kids there. I talked to one boy hypothetically about what it would be like if we were married. It was a nice thought. I could see myself enjoying married life, even during the times with out the kids there with a person I loved and was that compatible with. (not saying I want to marry him- just someone I cared about a lot and love before having kids with). That’s common sense, but I have a hard time imaging the man I’d love as a husband. I’m usually surprised by who I fall for and why and in what way. I need to date more and figure out what I want and find out what’s out there.
Ok- that’s my take on my cousin’s wedding and my day dream about the future.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home