Sunday, November 06, 2005

I went to see my grandparents yesterday. They totally rock! I talked to the a few hours and ate some home-made chicken and veggie soup. :-) She gave me some angel statues she bought for me and a huge bag of Halloween candy too.
I found out that my first boyfriend (ex-boyfriend now) admitted to my friend that he was an a**hole to me and that we were in different places at the time and that we are different and better people in a different place now. He wasn't even saying it to me as an apology (although he has before, which helped too), which makes me feel like it was more honest, because he wasn't saying it to the person directly hurt. It makes me happy that he actually admits to other people that we had dated and that I didn't deserve to be treated so badly and that he was sorry about it. I had already forgiven him for everything well over a year ago (and vise versa I think), and we've been able to be friends since, which I'm really glad about. Being so happy to hear what he had said made me realize how that's one of the biggest things that keeps me depressed after a relationship ending is that I feel like I wasn't good enough for them and that I won't be good enough for anyone else until I know I've grown and changed into something better than what I was with them. I know that's a bad way to look at it, but I do feel better knowing that he thinks I'm a better person now than I was then and that he still has respect for me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home