Thursday, September 09, 2004

I didn't have time for lunch today. I grabbed a bagel and ate it in class. I had 4 hours straight of classes. Then I went to the Pride meeting. I guess Faith quit the club and abondend everything. I got to be partly in charge of the meeting though, which was awesome. (I'm the vice president right now). I like the new members. We have 3 cool butch feminist chicks. One femme chick. 4 giggly boys. And 2 hippy boys. I know- I shouldn't stereotype, I'm just trying to paint a picture. On the way out of the meeting, the Cultural Diversity Board told me that they forgot to tell me that I should be in their meeting. So I dropped everything and went to their meeting. I turns out that I get paid to work for them. But it is a lot of work. I'm intimidated by all the serious work and serious people. I'm the dork that's always asking questions right now. I'm probably being a baby for complaining about the office hours I have to keep and the 2 hour or so long meetings (some are extremely long without warning that they'll be that long). It's a good experience I think. They teach everyone a lot about leadership and community service stuff. I didn't have time to go to fun yoga class or sociology club. I also missed eating dinner with my friends. But I shouldn't change my schedule for people like I always do. (although it's more fun to not do much and hang out with cool people). I think this will be good though. I'm in at least 3 clubs right now. Working for them about 10 or so hours a week and school 16 hours a week plus homework. I guess that's not bad. I just need to priorities my free time. Yeah, ok, I think I feel better about it now. I regreted not doing more last year. I felt really lazy. I also regretted giving up so much of my time because of boys. I wouldn't and didn't expect them to do that for me, so I should expect myself to do that either.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home