Sunday, August 01, 2004

Yesterday we had a small family reunion (my dad's side). I love it when that side of the family gets together. There were 17 of us. My grandparents, aunts, uncles, cousins, and my cousin's baby. My cousin seems like a good dad. I totally have the stereotype that most guys don't know how or don't care about being good dads. My other two guy cousins were good with the kids too. The baby really loved his two uncles too. He called out for them as much as he called out for his parents. My cousins are really good people. My uncle is also a really good dad. He's usually the one watching the kids and he does more than half of the work with the kids. He sincerily is there for them. It's really nice to see. My little cousins are so cute too. Davis (5 years old) always knows what to say to people. He senses when people are upset, need a hug, self-conscious about something, or bored, and he know exactly what to say to make you feel better. He doesn't talk very much and he's usually sitting by himself just watching people. He never demands attention and when he wanted to take a nap, he curled up on Grandma's lap and fell asleep. He rarely gets in trouble, all he wanted to do was walk up and down the stairs (he doesn't have stairs at his house, and he makes up games for it), look out the window at everyone, and watch a movie. His favorite toy is an octopus made out of yarn and a ping pong ball. He's a really sweet kid. I'm glad that everyone came yesterday. It was a really great day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home