Sunday, May 15, 2005

I moved into the new house today. It's been interesting. I'm mostly unpacked already. I have no idea what I'm going to do now. I went to dinner with my brother and picked up some things from my parent's house. Then I came back and read the newspaper, walked around, talked to one of my roommates, watched a tiny bit of tv, and read. It was wierd. I'm really bored now that I don't have tons of homework and club stuff to do. I'm going to talk to my boss tommorrow about working. I'm also going to look for another part time job closer to home. Then I'm going to explore the neighborhood and surrounding area. I heard that there is a library near by. I might try to find some cool bike trails soon too. It's strange living with roommates again. I'm having culture shock of living in a house that isn't my parents. I'm trying to figure out the rules and expectations of the house. I just found out that this place has a basement. I don't know where I'm going to be able to put any food I get. I've started to get shy around the roommates like I usually do when I'm not totally comfortable (since it's all new and I want them to think I'm not weird, lol). They've been surprised by how quite I am and how I'm not really making myself at home yet. (I keep asking where I can put stuff and if I can watch the tv, etc). I'm so use to having to do that at my parents house though. I'm surprised that she has no rules at all and is really laid back about stuff. She seems somewhat uptight but still doesn't care about things at the same time. I hope there isn't too much girl drama. It's starting to seem like it could go that way. Usually if I don't make myself at home and don't set up my own boundaries, they get totally walked on. I bet that I'll be able to relax more later and be more comfortable and social here.
I've also realized today that my parents are scared of everything! I knew that before, but I never realized it until I really started to rebel against the simple, everyday stuff they do. I've learned that the things they consider scary and difficult are things that only become scary and difficult when you make them that way.
Also, I hate how lonely it is when school breaks start. I'm so use to having my friends really close by and tons of people in the dorms to talk to all the time. It's also more lonely now because I'm in a new area, further away from my friends from last summer. It's made me re-think the whole fear of dating thing. It would be really nice to have a boyfriend or girlfriend right now. mostly I just hope that I can make as many cool friends here as I can (soon would be nice too).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home